This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions
and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting http://www.retirementsolutions.co.uk
(Site) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
What Information Do We Collect?
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our Site, subscribe to our services, search for a product, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description, photograph, and other information which may be considered “sensitive” for the purposes of data protection legislation such as health and lifestyle information. By completing any of our forms on our Site you are signifying your explicit consent to collecting such information.
Why Do We Need To Collect And Use Your Personal Data?
The primary legal basis that we intend to use for the processing of our data is for the performance of our contract with you. The information that we collect about you is essential for us to be able to carry out the services that you require from us effectively. Without collecting your personal data we’d also be unable to fulfil our legal and regulatory obligations.
We may also use “Legitimate Interests” as a basis for processing data. This may be applicable where we identify a legitimate interest, and that processing data is necessary to achieve this. This basis will always be balanced against your interests, rights and freedoms, and only where legitimate aim cannot be achieved without the processing of data. If we can reasonably achieve the same result in another way that does not involve the processing of data, we will choose that method instead.
Where special category data is required we’ll obtain your explicit consent in order to collect and process this information.
Information We Collect About You
With regard to each of your visits to our Site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information We Receive From Other Sources
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, lead generation agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
What Do We Use Your Information For?
- We aim to update our Site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, We may suspend access to our Site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our Site may be out of date at any given time, and We are under no obligation to update such material.
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about products or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about products and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please contact mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org;
- to notify you about changes to our services;
- to ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
- to personalise your experience.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to pass on suitable providers with the information necessary for the conclusion of your quotation;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about products or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Information About You And Your Visits To Our Site
We process information about you in accordance with our Privacy
By using our Site, you consent to such processing and you warrant that all data provided by you is accurate.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Do We Disclose Information To Third Parties?
If you agree, we may email you about other products or services that we may think of interest to you.
We won’t share your information for marketing purposes with any other companies without your consent.
In order to deliver our services to you effectively we may send your details to third parties such as those that we engage for professional compliance, accountancy or legal services as well as product and platform providers that we use to arrange financial products for you.
Where third parties are involved in processing your data we’ll have a contract in place with them to ensure that the nature and purpose of the processing is clear, that they are subject to a duty of confidence in processing your data and that they’ll only act in accordance with our written instructions.
Where it’s necessary for your personal data to be forwarded to a third party we’ll use appropriate security measures to protect your personal data in transit. We will enhance the security of your data during transfer by encryption and password protection.
To fulfil our obligations in respect of money laundering and other financial crime we may send your details to third party agencies for identity verification purposes.
The General Data Protection Regulation provides a number of rights for individuals with regards to the processing of your data:
The GDPR provides the following rights for individuals:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
Please refer to https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
for further details on these rights.
How Long Do We Keep Hold Of Your Information?
In principle, your personal data shouldn’t be held for longer than is required. However, depending on whether a contract for services is entered into, we may be subject to regulatory requirements to retain data for specified minimum periods. We also reserve the right to retain data for longer than this due to the possibility that it may be required to defend a future claim against us. In any case, we’ll not retain your personal data for any longer than is reasonably required to defend any future claim.
You have the right to request deletion of your personal data. We’ll comply with this request, subject to the restrictions of our regulatory obligations and legitimate interests as noted above.
Terms And Conditions
Please also visit our section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our Site.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us at mailto:email@example.com
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Retirement Solutions (UK) Ltd
Suspension And Termination
- We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of these through your use of our Site. When a breach of these Terms has occurred, We may take such action as We deem appropriate.
- Failure to comply with these Terms may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Site;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our Site;
- issue of a warning to you;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- further legal action against you;
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as We reasonably feel is necessary.